Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

How to compile ffplay alone

Troubleshooting compilation problems on all platforms.

How to compile ffplay alone

Postby Bluescreen2001 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi,

I compiled and installed the whole ffmpeg library successfully, including the ffplay application.
My system is running Ubuntu.

Now I want to do a little testing with the ffplay application. So I created a new directory "ffplay" in my home directory and put ffplay.c and all the needed includes there.
I also created a simple makefile including all the ffmpeg libraries and the SDL2 stuff.

It compiles without error b when I link it I get six unresolved symbols which should be in avfilter. They are all beginning with av_buffersink. If I look with nm into the libavfilter I can see the functions there. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you
Thorsten
Bluescreen2001

Re: How to compile ffplay alone

Postby llogan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 pm

If you just want ffplay:
Code: Select all
./configure
make ffplay
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to Compiling FFmpeg