Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

Wish to compile on a Raspberry pi 2 & 3.

Troubleshooting compilation problems on all platforms.

Wish to compile on a Raspberry pi 2 & 3.

Postby sudhir_brahma » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Hello,
There are multiple and conflicting posts on how the hardware acceleration in a Rapberry pi 2 &3 can be achieved, while compiling on the Raspberry pi target itself.
I will appreciate directions on how hardware acceleration (mmal) can be achieved via setting the right flags during the building of the binaries.
The OS used: for Raspberry pi2: Wheezy and for Raspberry pi3 it is Jessy.
Thank you
regards
Sudhir Brahma
sudhir_brahma

Re: Wish to compile on a Raspberry pi 2 & 3.

Postby llogan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:56 pm

You'll need these configure options:

--enable-omx-rpi – Enable OpenMAX IL code for Raspberry Pi. For hardware encoding of H.264 (encoder is named h264_omx) and MPEG-4 (mpeg4_omx). As a dependency you'll need the libomxil-bellagio-dev package which provides the required header file OMX_Core.h.

--enable-mmal – Enable Broadcom Multi-Media Abstraction Layer (Raspberry Pi) via MMAL. For hardware decoding of H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4. You'll need the the required header file mmal.h. I'm not a Debian user so I don't know what provides that. Probably some PPA or you'll need to compile something.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to Compiling FFmpeg