Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

Problem activating Account

Discussions, suggestions, and questions about this forum.

Problem activating Account

Postby species8350 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello,

Initially, I tried to register with a Yahoo mail address. I tried three times, but the activation mail did not arrive. I had the same experience when using a Hotmail address.

Eventually, I managed to receive the activation message with another email account (not Yahoo or Hotmail).

Can anyone explain this?

In addition, I would like to change my email address to the Yahoo address, but because it has not been activated I cannot use it. Is it possible for me to use this address?

Thank you

Ps, It looks like Iam unable to upload an Avatar - am I correct?
species8350

Re: Problem activating Account

Postby llogan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm

I am not the admin, but I'm guessing this server does not send messages with SPF and/or DMARC records causing Yahoo and Hotmail to reject the messages (these two mail services are also problematic with mailing-lists). I don't think anything can be done about that since the admin is not active anymore.

I quickly looked through the account settings: I did not see an avatar option.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Re: Problem activating Account

Postby species8350 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Thank you

I am not familiar with the terms: 'SPF and/or DMARC records'

I am surprised that the admin is no longer active, surely someone must be in charge?

Best wishes.
species8350

Return to Forum suggestions