Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

A valid forum suggestion.

Discussions, suggestions, and questions about this forum.

A valid forum suggestion.

Postby CWinthrop » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:02 am

You claim to be a support forum for FFmpeg. Well, how about actually offering some support? Tons of threads on here with NO replies from anyone. People begging for help, and all they get in return is silence.

What are the people running this forum getting out of it? Because they most assuredly aren't doing their jobs.

I fully expect to get banned for this post, which I accept completely. But when you hit that button, think: "Am I doing this because he broke a rule, or because he called me out?"
CWinthrop

Re: A valid forum suggestion.

Postby richardpl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Certainly, because you paid them to do job for you.

People replying here are just volunters.
richardpl

Re: A valid forum suggestion.

Postby llogan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:41 pm

This isn't an official support forum, and out of 2000+ so-called "members" there are only three people who semi-regularly provide answers. As richardpl mentioned we are only volunteers doing this for free. Perhaps you can help answer some too?

I don't reply to all questions because I don't always have the time, and I don't always have an answer (especially when it comes to streaming and ffserver).

Perhaps you would be happier with an expensive "enterprise" product and you can pay for support.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to Forum suggestions