Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

Using ffmpeg to encode from yuv to m4v with MPEG-4 encoder

Who doesn't love them :) But for faster response on your Bug Reports, please visit: http://www.ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html
Forum rules
First of all, please remember that all the developers working on FFmpeg are volunteers, we are not paid for analyzing, debugging, fixing and answering bug reports. While we try our best to create high quality software and be responsive, if you should not get an answer, please consider the above and be aware of the fact that we receive many bug reports and the amount of time it takes to deal with them can be substantial. Nevertheless most issues get resolved, just please understand that there are no guarantees nor promises.

Using ffmpeg to encode from yuv to m4v with MPEG-4 encoder

Postby jjfotso » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:36 am

Hello all of you.
I am trying to encode a raw yuv file to m4v as follow:
Code: Select all
ffmpeg -s cif -r 30 -b 64000 -bt 3200 -g 30 -i akiyo_cif.yuv -vcodec mpeg4 a02.m4v

But i did not work and i got this error from the console output:

ffmpeg version 2.4.3-1ubuntu1~trusty6 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
built on Nov 22 2014 17:07:19 with gcc 4.8 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1ubuntu1~trusty6' --build-suffix=-ffmpeg --toolchain=hardened --extra-cflags= --extra-cxxflags= --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --enable-shared --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libshine --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-opengl --enable-x11grab --enable-libxvid --enable-libx265 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzmq --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-libsoxr --enable-openal --enable-libopencv
libavutil 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100
libavcodec 56. 1.100 / 56. 1.100
libavformat 56. 4.101 / 56. 4.101
libavdevice 56. 0.100 / 56. 0.100
libavfilter 5. 1.100 / 5. 1.100
libavresample 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libswscale 3. 0.100 / 3. 0.100
libswresample 1. 1.100 / 1. 1.100
libpostproc 53. 0.100 / 53. 0.100
Option b (video bitrate (please use -b:v)) cannot be applied to input file akiyo_cif.yuv -- you are trying to apply an input option to an output file or vice versa. Move this option before the file it belongs to.
Error parsing options for input file akiyo_cif.yuv.
Error opening input files: Invalid argument

Please help me to solve this issue.
jjfotso

Re: Using ffmpeg to encode from yuv to m4v with MPEG-4 encod

Postby llogan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 pm

Your ffmpeg is old. Please upgrade. You can simply download a compiled build from:
http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Option placement matters. You are attempting to apply output options (-b 64000 -bt 3200 -g 30) to the input. Move these options so they come after "-i akiyo_cif.yuv".
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to Bugs, bugs, bugs :)