Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

RPM Repository

Suggestions and feature requests, whislists, etc.

RPM Repository

Postby ankurs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

Please setup a official RPM Repository, where latest releases are updated.

Currently most repository have a ancient version of ffmpeg rpm & its almost impossible to get hold of latest rpm builds.

Would suggest adding this, as this would help a lot of server administrators & centos being a popular OS, a lot more people can use ffmpeg.
ankurs

Re: RPM Repository

Postby burek » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi,

I agree on this and would help as much as I can to create the automated builds of ffmpeg, not only for rpms, but for debs also and even static builds of ffmpeg. But for now, it might be a good idea to just create a feature request or something at our Bug tracker or you could wait just for a while more, until we organize the necessary hardware/people/other for that thing.
Most definitely this is a good idea, imho.
burek

Postby ankurs » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Any update on this ?

You should contact johnvansickle, to stetup a repo; as he anyways auto builds rpm's.
ankurs

Postby ankurs » Tue May 12, 2015 8:32 pm

bump :!:

any kind soul willing to take this up ? i can provide the needed server to host this repo if needed
ankurs

Postby llogan » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 pm

There are no official builds. The builds linked to on the FFmpeg download page are maintained by volunteers, not the FFmpeg project. I can add a link on the FFmpeg download page if you are willing to provide recent RPMs of ffmpeg.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to Suggestions