Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

HLS Muxer: Suggestions

Suggestions and feature requests, whislists, etc.

HLS Muxer: Suggestions

Postby scramatte » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 am

Hi,

I've got some suggestions for HLS muxer:

- It would be nice to add "strftime" support for hls muxer to be able to create .ts filename based on date or timestamp in the sameway as "segmenter" do
It is very useful for timeshift, catchup.

- About key file, AES encription it would be interesting to add a mechanism to be able to generate a new key on the fly every X seconds.

Best regards
scramatte

Re: HLS Muxer: Suggestions

Postby llogan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:10 pm

The segment muxer, which provides a more generic and flexible implementation of a segmenter, and can be used to perform HLS segmentation, so that may work for your first request.

Feature requests should be directed towards the FFmpeg Bug Tracker where it can get proper attention. (This forum section probably shouldn't even exist).
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Re: HLS Muxer: Suggestions

Postby scramatte » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 am

Hello,

I've made a small patch to be able to strftime template with the hls segmenter
I've just post it on ffmpeg-devel mailing list.

Just for info:
https://github.com/scramatte/FFmpeg/blo ... t/hlsenc.c
scramatte

Return to Suggestions