Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

Can i extract source code of thumbnail creation part alone?

Suggestions and feature requests, whislists, etc.

Can i extract source code of thumbnail creation part alone?

Postby Prakash_Gibbi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

Hello,
I need to use ffmpeg for my personal use where i should only have the source code of thumbnail creation for video, audio and image, since my project is very simple which has some size concern.

Thank you !!!
Last edited by Prakash_Gibbi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prakash_Gibbi

Re: Can i have source code of thumbnail creation part alone?

Postby Prakash_Gibbi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 am

Please anyone suggest me. is it possible ?
Prakash_Gibbi

Postby Prakash_Gibbi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 am

And also, What is the API to generate thumbnail if if use libraries/API?
Last edited by Prakash_Gibbi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prakash_Gibbi

Postby llogan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

You can disable components you don't need, or disable everything and enable only what you need but that can be tricky because people always seem to forget something. There is also "--enable-small" to "optimize for size instead of speed". Refer to "./configure --help" for more info.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Postby Prakash_Gibbi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:20 am

Thanks for the reply!!!

My intention is to segregate the thumbnail creation source code alone. so that i can use it in my project. if i disable other features, the size of the exe remains same and i will not be able to integrate into my project.

Please tell me, is it possible to take out thumbnail creation source code alone from the ffmpeg full source code. if so, what are the areas i have to keep it in mind.

Thank you!!!
Last edited by Prakash_Gibbi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prakash_Gibbi

Postby llogan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 am

There is no standalone "thumbnail creation" code. If you're using the libraries/API refer to the examples in doc/examples and doxygen documentation. If you're using the binary then refer to my previous post.
Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Postby Prakash_Gibbi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:32 am

llogan wrote:There is no standalone "thumbnail creation" code. If you're using the libraries/API refer to the examples in doc/examples and doxygen documentation. If you're using the binary then refer to my previous post.

Thanks llogan,

is it possible to segregate the thumbnail code from ffmpeg if i try? OR the code is written in a generic manner?

if the code is generic, at what point the thumbnail creation gets started? could be helpful if you mention the filename and API name. Thank You
Prakash_Gibbi

Return to Suggestions