Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

securing the input side of ffserver

Discussions about problems encountered using ffserver.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

securing the input side of ffserver

Postby neuronetv » Thu May 25, 2017 3:31 pm

is there any way to secure the input side of ffserver? eg: input stream requiring a username and password?
I run ffserver it on a vps and the video stream can be viewed by anyone - this is the way I want it, Problem is there seems to be no way to ensure that I am the only one providing the input stream. At the moment I can find no way to stop someone else streaming their own video to my vps. Is there a solution for this?
neuronetv

Return to ffserver