Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

Simultaneously burning subtitle and changing resolution

Discussions about problems encountered using ffmpeg.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

Simultaneously burning subtitle and changing resolution

Postby ultron » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Hello, I am currently trying to do as the title says, burning the subtitles AND changing the resolution. The ffmpeg settings that I tried and did not work:
ffmpeg -analyzeduration 4294967296 -probesize 4294967296 -i test.mkv -c:a copy -vf scale=320:-2 "ass=subtitle.ass" -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -b:v 171k 171k-subtitle.mkv

Or I will be forced to encode it twice? Thanks for the time.
ultron

Re: Simultaneously burning subtitle and changing resolution

Postby mulvya » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 am

Multiple filters should be separated by a comma, with no whitespace in between. Preferably enclosed in quotes.

Code: Select all
-vf "scale=320:-2,ass=subtitle.ass"

Although, in this case, it may be better to draw the subtitles first.

Code: Select all
-vf "ass=subtitle.ass,scale=320:-2"
mulvya

Re: Simultaneously burning subtitle and changing resolution

Postby ultron » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks Mulvya.
ultron

Return to ffmpeg