Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

How can i record a video with higher quality ?

Discussions about problems encountered using ffmpeg.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

How can i record a video with higher quality ?

Postby chocolade » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Today i'm using this line inside a Command Prompt window to record a video:

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -f gdigrab -framerate 24 -i desktop -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuv420p outspaceships.mp4

But when uploading the video to youtube i see the quality is only 360p. I can't change it.
Is there any way to change something in the line i mean the command to record on 720p/i and also 1080p/i ?
chocolade

Re: How can i record a video with higher quality ?

Postby llogan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Get an answer more quickly by providing your actual ffmpeg command and the complete console output. Use the code button to format your command and output or your question will be ignored.
llogan

Return to ffmpeg