Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

How to stop recording when stream shows no signal message

Discussions about problems encountered using ffmpeg.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

How to stop recording when stream shows no signal message

Postby jamsjan130@gmail.com » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

I am recording video from a rtsp live stream using ffmpeg and during this process sometimes the camera goes with no signal message at this time i want to stop recording of stream,i have tried it with bitrate that it checks for bitrates every minutes and if bitrate is less than some value eg(bitrate=150) then the condition in my shell script stops the process of recording if not it continues the process,but this i couldn't get consistent result because of variation in value of bitrates.

My question: How to stop this process(recording) when i get no signal message in my video?
jamsjan130@gmail.com

Return to ffmpeg