Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

This forum has not been maintained for a long time and will probably get deleted in the near future.
For faster responses to your questions, please use StackOverflow instead and tag your questions with "FFmpeg".
If you need a backup of the posts from this forum, please contact me directly.

HLS segment cut without voice breaking

Discussions about problems encountered using ffmpeg.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

HLS segment cut without voice breaking

Postby vijaykumarchettiar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 am

I want to cut the hls segment without breaking the voice rather than stick to fixed duration. THe process require to cut it at the silence place between the 6 to 10 seconds. Is that possible with or ffmpeg?

here is the command

ffmpeg -i inputvideo -flags:v -global_header -flags:a -global_header -vn -acodec copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 64k -ac 2 -f segment -segment_time 10 outpu%5d.mp3

this cut at every 10 seconds regardless of voice/word breaking. I want to cut it at silence place before this voice breaking cut
vijaykumarchettiar

Re: HLS segment cut without voice breaking

Postby murilozilli » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I think this is not possible.
murilozilli

Return to ffmpeg