Home/News | About | Download | Documentation | Forum | Bug Reports | Contact | Donations | Consulting | Projects | Legal | Security | FATE

How to make AVI but not AVI2 (OpenDML) output?

Discussions about problems encountered using ffmpeg.
Forum rules
FFmpeg is in a state of perpetual development and we do not currently have the person power to backport fixes to official releases. As such, if you wish to query or report a bug, you must try with the latest development branch revision of FFmpeg to confirm the issue still exists. The latest FFmpeg can be downloaded from here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

How to make AVI but not AVI2 (OpenDML) output?

Postby tomcat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 am

Hello!
There is the question: how I can make non-OpenDML output in any cases, but just simple AVI?
With ffmpeg I do hyperfast cinemas transcoding from mkv to avi for plaing it on my grandma' hardvare player (slightly old) with a script based on that CL:
Code: Select all
"%ffpath%ffmpeg.exe" -hide_banner -i "%~1" ^
   -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1200k ^
   -filter:v scale=w=640:h=-1:flags=fast_bilinear ^
   -vtag DIVX -map_chapters -1 -map_metadata -1 ^
   -acodec mp3 -b:a 96k -ac 1 ^
   -filter:a volume=(10)^^(%vol%/(-20))-0.0001:precision=fixed ^
   -y "%tempout%"

Unfortunately I note some AVIs play silent on this player, some - ok. Analysing with MediaInfo the differences between ones, I note only that silent-playing AVIs has "Format profile: OpenDML" record, which not presents in normal sounding AVIs.

So, for some circumstances ffmpeg creates AVI2-OpenDML-profiled output, in some other cases - simple AVI.
So question: can I force ffmpeg not to make AVI-OpenDML output in any cases, but just simple AVI?

P.S. of cource all result files are much less 2GB
tomcat

Re: How to make AVI but not AVI2 (OpenDML) output?

Postby edumj » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 am

I was also wondering that since some time ago.
edumj

Return to ffmpeg